Orchids of the Tropical New World (1st Edition)
Icones Plantarum Tropicarum (Series I & II) and Icones Orchidacearum Collections CD-ROM
The "Orchids of the Tropical New World CD-ROM" is designed for botanists, researchers and orchid fanciers seeking definitive identification of New World Species. Now, searching for that elusive species will be even easier with this disc. The CD-ROM covers the major Icones collections, focusing on New World species and contains more than 2400 entries by authors who are all experts in their fields.
Map and specimen figures are displayed in the text as thumbnails (smaller versions of the figures). Double-clicking on the thumbnail will open a larger version of the figure in its own box that allows zooming.
Searching & Hyperlinks
Powerful searches can be performed, e.g. searching with wildcards; Proximity, Boolean, and Context searches.
Hyperlinks have been created to make instant connections between synonymous plant specimens found throughout the Icones Collections. These are seen as red hot-spots located either after the plate title, or within the Alphabetical Index located near the beginning of the disc. By clicking on the hyperlink spots, readers are provided views of the associated orchid specimens. This also permits readers to locate and view similar specimen descriptions side-by-side.
- 80386SX or higher processor
- 8MB RAM and minimum 6MB hard disk space
- DOS 5.0 or higher
- Windows 3.1 or later in enhanced mode with virtual memory
- VGA monitor minimum (Super VGA with 256 colors and 800 × 600 resolution recommended)
- CD-ROM drive with MSCDEX 2.0 or higher
- System 7 or higher. Not compatible with OS X or above.
- 8MB of RAM (or 4MB with virtual memory enabled)
- 9.5MB of hard disk space and
- Color display with 256 colors and 800 × 600 resolution
- Macintosh compatible CD-ROM drive with Foreign File Access installed
- Sun (SunOS 4.x.x or 5.x.x), Solaris, or Silicon Graphics (IRIX 5.x) workstation
- X Windows System (includes support for Motif and Open Windows 3.0)
- 65MB of hard disk space (33MB for software and 32MB of working space)
- CD-ROM drive supporting ISO-9660 standard
To order the Orchids disc.
- Click on the 'online ordering' button below. This calls up a Secure Online Order Form (requires an SSL-compliant browser, such as Netscape Navigator or Microsoft Internet Explorer).
- If your browser does not support forms then you can send your order by fax, e-mail or phone.
Note: The price listed below does not include state tax, shipping and handling.
|$49.95 (US Dollars)
Samples from the Orchids disc.
If you need more information, you can e-mail us.
To purchase, please go to the online ordering section.
Copyright © 1996 Lightbinders Inc. All rights reserved.